Top Ten Tuesday is hosted at The Broke and Bookish with a new list subject every Tuesday. The banner will take you to the current one so you can participate!
This week’s top ten is 2011 Releases You’re Anticipating.
Straight away there are two books that spring to mind and after that it’s a little hazy. Part of that is because those two books drown out all the others, those books actually have release dates attached to them so I know when they’re coming, and I haven’t been keeping up with series or trilogies so there are less books I know of off the top of my head.
- The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss – Follow on from The Name of The Wind. That book was so well written and the characters were so intriguing. This is my big one of the year. Every other book step aside because Wise Man’s Fear takes precedence! I’m excited ok.
- Brayan’s Gold by Peter V. Brett – A tie in with his demon cycle and a limited edition one. I tried to get a copy of his last limited edition one, but missed out and now the cheapest I can find is a few hundred dollars. I got in early with this one and I splurged by going with the special edition one. So excited.
- Survivor by James Phelan – Don’t hold me to that though because there’s no actual date yet I don’t think. It’s the second in his Alone series.
- City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare – The fourth book in her Mortal Instruments series.
- Pandemic by Scott Sigler – Hopefully, but you know sometimes it’s not always definite and if it’s not I’m happy to wait because I have plenty of books to read, plus the final product should be what it’s meant to be and not rushed. Even so I am hanging for it! Especially after the ending from the second one.
- Bloodlines by Richelle Mead – I just found out about this one and even though I’m still yet to get my hands on a copy of Last Sacrifice, and I still haven’t read the one before that (so behind!), I am really excited about that piece of news.
I think 6 is pretty good for someone who hasn’t been keeping up with reading recent releases or what’s been going on with current series and authors. It’s good in a way because I’m going to be trying to limit how many books I buy next year. That’s going to be hard, but I”ll give it ago.
Do you have any books you’re looking forward to next year, even if it’s just to read and not released?