Welcome to BA’s Book Features showcasing a small collection of books to be released this week, or showcasing a special feature as part of a blog tour and promotion event. Contact me if you’d like to have your new-release title featured on Bookish Ardour.
Author Richelle Mead and her newest title Bloodlines #4: The Fiery Heart
- Release Date: 19th of November 2013
- Genre: Paranormal Fantasy
- Publisher: Penguin Books Australia: Razorbill
- Meet the Author: Website – Facebook – Twitter – Instagram
- Find the Title: Goodreads – Amazon US – Bookworld AU – Bookworld ePub – Book Depository UK – Book Depository US
Sydney Sage is an Alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of humans and vampires. They protect vampire secrets – and human lives.
In The Indigo Spell, Sydney was torn between the Alchemist way of life, and what her heart and gut were telling her to do. And in one breathtaking moment that Richelle Mead fans will never forget, she made a decision that shocked even her . . . But the struggle isn’t over for Sydney. As she navigates the aftermath of her life-changing decision, she still finds herself pulled in too many directions at once. Her sister Zoe has arrived, and while Sydney longs to grow closer to her, there’s still so much she must keep secret. Working with Marcus has changed the way she views the Alchemists, and Sydney must tread a careful path – or risk being sent to re-education. Her skill with magic is growing in ways she never imagined – but that doesn’t stop the near-constant threat of evil magic users, Vampire Hunters, and Strigoi from growing ever closer. Pulses will race throughout this thrilling fourth installment in the New York Times bestselling Bloodlines series, and nothing is what it seems.
Author Annie Reed and her newest title Ella and Mo
- Release Date: 17th of November 2013
- Genre: Dark Fiction – Zombie Fiction
- Publisher: Thunder Valley Press
- Meet the Author: Website – Twitter – Facebook
- Find the Title: Amazon US – Barnes and Noble – iTunes – Kobo – Smashwords
Survivors come in all shapes and sizes. Take Ella. A normal kid before the undead destroyed Las Vegas, now Ella packs a gun instead of a teddy bear.
Or how about Mo? A small-time hood before Ella took over his life, Mo spends his days driving his kidnaper around the back roads of Nevada and his nights locked in the trunk of his own car.
In this latest story story in Annie Reed’s popular zombie apocalypse series, two wary strangers form an uneasy partnership, an alliance that’s put to the test beneath the unforgiving desert sun.
Author Susan Ee and her newest title World After (Penryn & The End of Days Book #2)
- Release Date: 21st November 2013
- Genre: Young Adult Paranormal Fantasy – Dystopia
- Publisher: Skyscape
- Meet the Author: Website – Goodreads – Twitter – Facebook
- Find the Title: Goodreads – Amazon US – Bookworld AU – Book Depository UK – Book Depository US
- Find the Previous Title: My Review – Goodreads – Book Depository UK – Book Depository US
In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what’s left of the modern world.
When a group of people capture Penryn’s sister Paige, thinking she’s a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.
Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels’ secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.
Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can’t rejoin the angels, can’t take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?