In Today’s News Post;
- BA’s Posting Challenge is Almost Over
- Possible Ideas for the Challenge
- Feedback Form
BA’s Posting Challenge is Almost Over
That’s right! BA’s posting challenge is coming to an end! I don’t know about you guys, but the time felt like it went by fairly quickly. If you’ve taken part, I would love feedback. You can comment in this post, or feel free to send me an email via the below feedback form.
This is what I would like to know in particular;
- Did you enjoy the challenge and if so what did you enjoy about it?
- What didn’t you enjoy about the challenge?
- Did you feel there was something missing?
- Would you take part in another, or similar, challenge? (why or why not)
- Would you prefer the challenge be a continuous meme, or do you think it motivates you more by being a time-sensitive challenge?
Of course, those are just the more pertinent queries I have, but you’re welcome to tell me any thoughts coming to you in regards to the challenge. I would appreciate any and all feedback.
Possible Ideas for the Challenge
Personally, I like having a set go-to for a weekly post. I think I need one. Especially when it comes to November through to February. Not only is Christmas and New Year’s nestled in there, but NaNoWrimo takes a whole month, my partner is on holiday for several weeks, and there’s a tone of birthdays for me to celebrate!
Who has time to blog with all of that going on? Secondly, who has time to think of what to blog when all of that is going on? Seriously? Previous experience tells me I struggle to keep up and I know I’m not the only one.
So, here’s what I was thinking;
- Option One: Setting BA’s Posting Challenge to be a yearly event for the most hectic time of year – November through to March. This would cover those of you who take part in NaNo, Christmas and New Year’s party times, Christmas holidays, beautiful weather being appreciated by Southern Hemisphere folk, and even Valentines Day for those of you who like to get busy, leaving March to catch back up with your blogs and prepare a bunch of posts for getting back into the swing of things without the challenge.
- Option Two: Turning BA’s Posting Challenge into an all-year-round blogging meme.
Obviously both are these are dependant on whether I can come up with more topics, not only more topics, but ones that aren’t staid and haven’t been seen around the blogosphere a million times. It took me some time to come up with the first lot, so I would end up taking suggestions. All the suggestions!
As for the second option… Well, I don’t know about you guys, but I’m wary of a continuous meme. Lets look beyond the whole topic issue… The reason I’m wary is, if it’s not a ‘challenge’ will participants be inclined to blog as much compared to if it were a challenge?
I’m including myself in this thought because I know how easy it can be to drop out of a meme. I’ve done it plenty of times myself and if this is set as a challenge, it’s akin to a reading challenge really, isn’t it? You have a start and end date. While it’s not set in stone, there’s a commitment there. Of course I’m not going to think differently of anyone, or track them down and make their life difficult, if someone wants to drop out. Life throws plenty at us, certain commitments are more fun rather than a responsibility and so they should be.
I am unsure of everything at the moment, but I do know I enjoy having prepared topics at hand and I would love to know what you all think. I will go off and mull it all over some more too and post about this again in a week or two.
Feedback via Email