That’s it. I’ve cracked. I told myself not to do any more reading challenges, I already have enough and I really am meant to be cutting down on reading to get in writing time, but what can I say? I cracked!
I really wanted to do the What’s In A Name Challenge (hosted by Beth Fish from Beth Fish Reads, click on the image and it will take you to the sign up page) so instead of considering several other ones I am going to focus on this one and not add any more (except for two mini ones later in the year).
Between January 1 and December 31, 2011, read one book in each of the following categories:
- A book with a number in the title: First to Die, Seven Up, Thirteen Reasons Why
- A book with jewelry or a gem in the title: Diamond Ruby, Girl with a Pearl Earring, The Opal Deception
- A book with a size in the title: Wide Sargasso Sea, Small Wars, Little Bee
- A book with travel or movement in the title: Dead Witch Walking, Crawling with Zombies, Time Traveler’s Wife
- A book with evil in the title: Bad Marie, Fallen, Wicked Lovely
- A book with a life stage in the title: No Country for Old Men, Brideshead Revisited, Bog Child
The book titles are just suggestions, you can read whatever book you want to fit the category.
See how it’s a reading challenge, but also really challenging? I love that! I want to read as many of my books next year and tie in everything with Off The Shelf, so I’m trying to only pick books that I own, except I’m stuck on the gem/jewel one.
Here’s my list so far
- A Number: The Eight Immortals of Taoism: Legends and Fables of Popular Taoism by Kwok Man Ho
- Gem or Jewellery: The Crystal Elements by Chris Froggatt
- Size: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Alan Moore
- Travel or Movement: One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
- Evil: Bend Sinister by Vladimir Nabokov or Soulless by Cherie Priest
- Life Stage: Death or Glory by Sandy Mitchell
Now if I can just find a book with gem/jewellery in the title that is either Dystopia, Post-apocalyptic, Steampunk, or a graphic novel and that can be found at my library I’m going to be laughing!