These are the top books or books I recommend from the last year and authors I found well written or enjoyed. The lists are not numbered because they are not by order of what is best.
- The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
- The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett
- Infected by Scott Sigler
- Slights by Kaaron Warren
- Chasers by James Phelan
- The Moth Diaries by Rachel Klein
- Kallocain by Karin Boye
- Tomorrow When The War Began by John Marsden
- Gone by Michael Grant
- sWitch by Scott Norton
Adult Fiction Authors
- Peter V. Brett
- Audrey Niffenegger
- Scott Norton
- Scott Sigler
- Kaaron Warren
Young Adult Fiction Authors
- Michael Grant
- James Phelan
- John Marsden
- Derek Landy
- Suzanne Collins
I don’t celebrate New Years, because it is another day, but I think it’s fun to look back on what happened in the last year, to remind oneself of what has come to pass and focus on the positives that have occurred. I find it helpful because I do forget what has happened in a certain period of time, therefore these are my bookish highlights for 2010.
- I got a new bookcase for $50 from Ebay. Bargain! Of course it filled up within a couple of days, but still…
- I started my own book club after not being able to join another one and it has gone really well.
- I’ve also hosted my first reading challenge, which only my girlfriend and I signed up for, and have gotten a lot of people signing up for the ones I’m hosting for next year.
- I was fortunate enough to be approached by a publishing company for reviews.
- This is more a writing thing, but it’s still bookish – Joining up with NaNoWriMo and having an awesome experience with it is one hell of a highlight for my bookish year.
- I’ve also had quite a few interactions with authors, both negative and positive, yet am grateful for all of them and have learned some things from the experience.
- Last, but not least, in only having this blog for a year I have ended up getting quite a few regulars and visitors in general, which is fantastic. I really appreciate regulars, even if it’s just regular readers and not commenters. If I didn’t have visitors I would still blog, but even though I love blogging just for myself it’s nice to know that there’s people out there reading what you’re putting time and effort into so thank you for all followers in the past year.
Do you have any highlights from 2010?