This is another challenge I’m hosting, but not as straight forwards as the others. If you’re interested click on the banner or follow this link.
I have quite a few classics on my shelf so I am aiming to do the Decade challenge of ten books starting from the year 1904.
- 1904: The Food of The Gods by H.G Wells
- 1905: The 120 Days of Sodom by Marquis De Sade
- 1906: The Jungle by Upton Sinclair
- 1907: The Man Who Was Thursday by G.K. Chesterton
- 1908: Either The Wind in The Willows or The Iron Heel by Jack London
- 1909: Either Tono-Bungay by H.G. Wells or Ann Veronica by H.G. Wells
- 1910: The History of Mr Polly by H.G. Wells
- 1911: The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett
- 1912: The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle
- 1913: Pollyanna by Eleanor H Porter
As a back up I’m doing 1962-1971. I haven’t been able to put together all the books yet, but these are the ones I have so far;
- 1962: One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
- 1963: Inside Mr Enderby by Anthony Burgess
- 1964: Charlie and The Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
- 1965: Dune by Frank Herbert
- 1966: Destination: Void by Frank Herbert
- 1967: The Tarnsman of Gor by John Norman (this is a DNF book for me so I’m going to attempt it again)
- 1968: 2001 A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke
- 1969: The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula K. Le Guin
If you want to join in with this one all you have to do is the same as the other challenges I’m hosting – create a sign up post, copy that url address and post it in the Mr Linky on the challenge page (the above link takes you straight to it), grab the banner on that page and post it somewhere on your blog or social network.