If you’ve been checking out my blog since September you may have noticed some challenge buttons down the right side panel for next year. Well I’m finally getting around to actually posting my challenge posts! I created these challenges back in September in preparation for next year and this is one of them.
They can be post-apocalyptic dystopian as well as just plan ole dystopian. It really is what you decide is dystopian because sometimes books that are allegorical can be placed in the dystopia category.
This might help though, What is Dystopia: ‘An imaginary place where the conditions and quality of life are unpleasant. The opposite of Utopia.’
I love Dystopia, but I may not be reading as much next year as I would usually expect. At least going by the past year and that I plan on writing more so next year so I’m aiming for the Asocial level of 5 and hoping I’ll overshoot that anyway, hence why I have listed more than 5 books below.
These are the books I have so far;
- The Ravenor Omnibus by Dan Abnett – It’s three books, but I’ll read it as one because that’s how it comes.
- Faith and Fire by James Swallow
- Death or Glory by Sandy Mitchel
- Soul Hunter by Aaron Demski Bowden
- We by Zamyatin Yevgeny
- The Enemy by Charlie Higgins
- Battle Royale by Koushun Takami
- Bend Sinister by Vladimir Nabokov
- The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
The other levels to choose from are;
- Asocial– Choose 5 books to read
- Contagion – Choose 15 books to read
- Soldier – Choose 30 books to read
- Drone – Choose 50 books to read
- Conditioned – Choose 75 books to read
For extra hard challenges
- Brainwashed – Choose 76-125 books to read
- Totalitarian – Choose 126-200 books to read
If you want to join in you can either sign up before it officially starts, or you can come back later during the year and sign up then. All you have to do is visit the blog page for it, create your own sign up post, share that link in the Mr Linky, and grab the code for the button to place on your blog or social network profile.
There is also a review page, but reviewing is not mandatory and you can change levels at any time. The aim is to read the genre and to have fun doing it. There are already people participating so you can just check out what they read if you want to.