Booking Through Thursday is hosted at the BTT blog. Click on the banner to join in this week’s BTT and let us know if you’re participating!
Name a book (or books) from a country other than your own that you love. Or aren’t there any?
Well seeing as I’m in Australia and the literature world is flooded with American fiction it’s pretty safe to say there’s plenty. I won’t include American fiction though because then the list would be as long as my arm and leg combined!
I enjoyed the following ones from Europe and Asia
- Story of O by Pauline Reage – France
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley – Britain
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – Britain
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu – China
- Wild Swans by Jung Chang – China
- Geisha of Gion by Mineko Iwasaki – Japan
- Carmilla by Joseph Sheridan Le Fanu – Ireland
- Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy – Ireland
- Kallocain by Karin Boye – Sweden
No other ones come to mind at the moment even though I know there are more. I definitely have quite a few foreign authors on my shelves, but I haven’t read any of them yet.
What are yours? Link me up if you participate so I can check out your books.