Book Lovers Book Club is located in the Sutherland Shire south of Sydney. If you know anyone in this area with a love of books or just want to pass the love on in case it finds someone in this area I would really appreciate it.
Following are the details and how to find out more, but first I’m going to be posting on the right sidebar what book we’re currently reading (just under what I’m currently reading and next in line). I’m also going to be posting what we’ve read, reading guides for book club discussion (which people are welcome to use), and a short synopsis of what we’re currently reading all on the book club page.
If you’re interested you can just leave a comment on this post, on the book club page, or on our Facebook page (links are with the details). Otherwise have you ever joined a book club or run one? What were your experiences like? Do you think bookworms should join a club at least once in their life?
UPDATE: The following information is no longer relevant (I’m leaving it there though for personal reference). I moved from the area out to Western Sydney in 2012. I handed the book club over to another member. I’ve lost touch with the previous members and am not sure it still exists. Please contact the Sutherland Library for any information on book clubs in the area.
- Founded: 2010
- First Ever Meet: August 14th at 2:30pm, 2010
- Type: Non genre specific. Each member has a turn choosing a selection of books that they wish to read and then we all choose one we would like to read from that selection each month.
- When: Every second Saturday of the month starting at 2:30pm
- Where: Our book club is hosted at cafes, restaurants, and possibly the occasional park decided by both our members and following the train line through the Sutherland Shire (so it’s nice and convenient).
- Contact: Email Bonnie at bookloversbookclub at gmail dot com