Following is information about, and sign-up for, BA’s Off the Shelf Reading Challenge. This is for the 2014 challenge only. If you have any questions or issues you can’t find the answer to on this page, please visit the Challenge F.A.Q.s.
Challenge Quick Links
- Challenge F.A.Q.s and Other Challenges
- Off the Shelf 2013/14 Reviews
- Off the Shelf 2013/14 Wrap-Up
- 2014 Review Round-Up (link will be added from the 1st of Feb 2014)
- 2012 Challenges
- 2013 Challenges
BA’s 2014 Off the Shelf Reading Challenge
About: The Off the Shelf Reading Challenge is probably the most popular challenge there is on BA. The goal? To read books on your shelves that have gone unread for far too long. Selecting books from the year before (in this case, 2012 and before), read as many of the unread ones as you can. It’s up to you if you want to keep them or give them away afterwards, the main goal is to turn those unread books into read ones.
The Finer Deets
- The Main Rule: Do not include books acquired during 2014, it defeats the purpose, read those books from before 2014 started.
- Running dates for all 2014 challenges: 1st of January – 31st of December 2014
- Sign-Ups are accepted until the 16th of December 2014.
- Formats: All BA Challenges are eBook, audio, short story, and graphic novel friendly.
- Crossovers: You’re welcome to crossover with BA’s challenges. Include as many books across all the challenges as you can, I always say.
How To Sign-Up and Join In
- Choose Your Level: Choose a challenge level listed below.
- Sign Up Post: Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (where possible) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of books is optional).
- Grab The Badge: Download or grab the badge and place it in your sign up post. Then link back to Bookish Ardour.
- Link Up: Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Mr Linky graphic and enter your link.
- Blogless? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment.
- Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional! But if you do review it would be great for you to share them by submitting them on the review page.
- Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the completion/wrap-up page.
- Tempted– Choose 5 books to read
- Trying – Choose 15 books to read
- Making A Dint – Choose 30 books to read
- On A Roll – Choose 50 books to read
- Flying Off – Choose 75 books to read
- Hoarder – Choose between 76-135 books to read
- Buried – Choose between 136-200 books to read
If you feel like that extra kick to your reading challenges here’s a couple you can choose from.
- World: Choose a country as your theme, reading only books from that country or where it’s the setting. For how high you go you can choose more than one country;
- Level Tempted and Trying: Choose one country
- Level Making a Dint and On A Roll: Choose two countries
- Level Flying Off to end of Hoarder: Choose three countries
- Level Buried: Choose four countries.
- Gender Battle: Read books only by female or male authors. Another alternative is to read equal amounts of both.
Click the Mr Linky and away you go!