Following is information about, and sign-up for, BA’s Go Indie Reading Challenge. This is for the 2013 challenge only. If you have any questions or issues you can’t find the answer to on this page, please visit the Challenge F.A.Q.s.
Challenge Quick Links
- Go Indie 2012 Sign-Ups
- Go Indie 2012 Reviews
- Go Indie 2012 Wrap-Up
- Challenge F.A.Q.s and Other Challenges
- Go Indie 2013 Reviews
- Go Indie 2013 Wrap-Up
- 2013 Review Round-Up
BA’s 2013 Go Indie Reading Challenge
About: The Go Indie Reading is more about giving the non-mainstream type of published works a chance. This is about self-published books, but it does include books published by Indepedant Publishers as well, such as 1889 Labs. While self-pubbed and Indie Published aren’t the same thing, enjoying and sharing books published outside of the larger, traditional ways of publishing is something every reader should consider trying and this is the challlenge to help you do it.
The Finer Deets
- Running dates for all 2013 challenges: 1st of January – 31st of December 2013
- Sign-Ups are accepted until the 16th of December 2013.
- Formats: All BA Challenges are eBook, audio, short story, and graphic novel friendly.
- Crossovers: You’re welcome to crossover with BA’s challenges. Include as many books across all the challenges as you can, I always say.
How To Sign-Up and Join In
- Choose Your Level: Choose a challenge level listed below.
- Sign Up Post: Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (where possible) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of books is optional).
- Grab The Badge: Download or grab the badge and place it in your sign up post. Then link back to Bookish Ardour.
- Link Up: Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Mr Linky graphic and enter your link.
- Blogless? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment.
- Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional! But if you do review it would be great for you to share them by submitting them on the review page.
- Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the completion/wrap-up page.
- Tentative– Choose 5 books to read
- Having a Go – Choose 15 books to read
- Getting Into It – Choose 30 books to read
- Anti-Stigma – Choose 50 books to read
- Won Over – Choose 75 books to read
- Indie Lover – Choose between 76-135 books to read
- Professionally What? – Choose between 136-200 books to read
If you feel like that extra kick to your reading challenges here’s a couple you can choose from.
- World: Choose a country as your theme, reading only books from that country or where it’s the setting. For how high you go you can choose more than one country;
- Level Tentative and Having a Go: Choose one country
- Level Getting Into It and Anti-Stigma: Choose two countries
- Level Won Over to end of Indie Lover: Choose three countries
- Level Professionally What?: Choose four countries.
- Gender Battle: Read books only by female or male authors. Another alternative is to read equal amounts of both.
Click the Mr Linky and away you go!
Who Has Joined So Far
|1. Bonnie Sparks Writes (BA)
2. Melissa C. @ 4 a Happier Me
|3. alberta ross
4. CREATE WITH JOY