Following is information about, and sign-up for, BA’s Get Steampunk’d Reading Challenge. This is for the 2014 challenge only. If you have any questions or issues you can’t find the answer to on this page, please visit the Challenge F.A.Q.s.
Challenge Quick Links
- Challenge F.A.Q.s and Other Challenges
- Get Steampunk’d 2014 Reviews
- Get Steampunk’d 2014 Wrap-Up
- 2014 Review Round-Up (link will be added from the 1st of Feb 2014)
- 2012 Challenges
- 2013 Challenges
BA’s 2014 Get Steampunk’d Reading Challenge
About: The Get Steampunk’d Reading Challenge is all about Steampunk! Read anything as long as it has that Steampunk theme, with steam-powered gadgets, dirigibles, and punked up Victorian dress.
Steampunk Examples: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen by Alan Moore, Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare, Boneshaker by Cherie Priest, The Difference Engine by William Gibson.
The Finer Deets
- Running dates for all 2014 challenges: 1st of January – 31st of December 2014
- Sign-Ups are accepted until the 16th of December 2014.
- Formats: All BA Challenges are eBook, audio, short story, and graphic novel friendly.
- Crossovers: You’re welcome to crossover with BA’s challenges. Include as many books across all the challenges as you can, I always say.
How To Sign-Up and Join In
- Choose Your Level: Choose a challenge level listed below.
- Sign Up Post: Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (where possible) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of books is optional).
- Grab The Badge: Download or grab the badge and place it in your sign up post. Then link back to Bookish Ardour.
- Link Up: Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Mr Linky graphic and enter your link.
- Blogless? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment.
- Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional! But if you do review it would be great for you to share them by submitting them on the review page.
- Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the completion/wrap-up page.
- Geared – Choose 5 books to read
- Cogged – Choose 15 books to read
- Goggle Mad – Choose 30 books to read
- Victorian Lord/Lady – Choose 50 books to read
- Inventor – Choose 75 books to read
- Zephyr Pilot – Choose 76-135 books to read
- Steampunk’d – Choose 136-200 books to read
If you feel like that extra kick to your reading challenges here’s several you can choose from.
- World: Choose a country as your theme, reading only books from that country or where it’s the setting. For how high you go you can choose more than one country;
- Level Geared and Cogged: Choose one country
- Level Goggle Mad and Victorian Lord/Lady: Choose two countries
- Level Inventor to end of Zephyr Pilot: Choose three countries
- Level Steampunked!: Choose four countries.
- Gender Battle: Read books only by female or male authors. Another alternative is to read equal amounts of both.
The Get Steampunk’d Challenge Sign-Up Widget
Click the Mr Linky and enter your sign-up link