Following is information about, and sign-up for, BA’s Dystopia Reading Challenge. This is for the 2013 challenge only. If you have any questions or issues you can’t find the answer to on this page, please visit the Challenge F.A.Q.s.
Challenge Quick Links
- Dystopia 2012 Sign-Ups
- Dystopia 2012 Reviews
- Dystopia 2012 Wrap up
- Challenge F.A.Q.s and Other Challenges
- Dystopia 2013 Reviews
- Dystopia 2013 Wrap-Up
- 2013 Review Round-Up
BA’s 2013 Dystopia Reading Challenge
About: The Dystopia Challenge is all about, well, dystopia. Read books set in dystopian settings, with totalitarian governments, or something more close-knit. The Dystopia Challenge includes Post-Apocalyptic themes as well. For more about Dystopia check out Diva Schuylers’s definition and BA has a Must Reads list to get you started.
Dystopia Examples: Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder, Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, 1984 by George Orwell.
Post-Apocalyptic Examples: The Road by Cormac McCarthy, I Am Legend by Richard Matheson, Above Ground by A.M. Harte, Angelfall by Susan Ee.
The Finer Deets
- Running dates for all 2013 challenges: 1st of January – 31st of December 2013
- Sign-Ups are accepted until the 16th of December 2013.
- Formats: All BA Challenges are eBook, audio, short story, and graphic novel friendly.
- Crossovers: You’re welcome to crossover with BA’s challenges. Include as many books across all the challenges as you can, I always say.
How To Sign-Up and Join In
- Choose Your Level: Choose a challenge level listed below.
- Sign Up Post: Create a post on your blog, in a group, or on a forum (where possible) to let others see what you’re aiming for (a predefined list of books is optional).
- Grab The Badge: Download or grab the badge and place it in your sign up post. Then link back to Bookish Ardour.
- Link Up: Grab the direct URL to your sign up post, not your blog, click the Mr Linky graphic and enter your link.
- Blogless? Don’t worry, you can sign up with your social network profile (YouTube, Twitter, GoodReads, Shelfari included), just make sure you link to your review list, shelf, tweet, or category. If you don’t have any of those feel free to comment.
- Your Reviews: Reviewing is optional! But if you do review it would be great for you to share them by submitting them on the review page.
- Finished: When you’re done it’s completion post time and you can share these on the completion/wrap-up page.
- Asocial– Choose 5 books to read
- Contagion – Choose 15 books to read
- Soldier – Choose 30 books to read
- Drone – Choose 50 books to read
- Conditioned – Choose 75 books to read
- Brainwashed – Choose anywhere between 76-135 books to read
- Totalitarian – Choose anywhere between 136-200 books to read
If you feel like that extra kick to your reading challenges here’s several you can choose from.
- World: Choose a country as your theme, reading only books from that country or where it’s the setting. For how high you go you can choose more than one country;
- Level Asocial to Soldier: Choose one country
- Level Soldier to Conditioned: Choose two countries
- Level Conditioned to end of Brainwashed: Choose three countries
- Level Totalitarian: Choose four countries.
- Gender Battle: Read books only by female or male authors. Another alternative is to read equal amounts of both.
Click the Mr Linky and away you go!
Who Has Joined So Far