Reading challenges can be so much fun and are a great way to get into reading a new genre or to revisit an old favourite so BA hosts five challenges for different genres and themes.
2012 Challenges have ended. You can find what you need in this list (if not then it is yet to be posted);
Sign-ups are ready for BA’s 2013 Reading Challenges. Click through with one of the badges for the challenge you want or find it via the navigation menu above. Each challenge will link up to their respective review and completion pages as well (please note these badges are not the challenge badges used for sign-ups, but are mini ones specifically for link throughs on BA).
(Find your answers via alphabetical order. Don’t see an answer to your question? Ask me in the below form)
- 2012 Challenges: 2012 Challenges sign-ups finish on the 16th of December 2012. Review and completion post links will be accepted up till the 15th of January 2013. You can find all you need for 2012 challenges here.
- 2013 Challenges: Sign-Ups are accepted until the 16th of December 2013. Reviews and Completion posts will be accepted until the 15th of January 2014.
- Badges: BA doesn’t host badges for you. To have the badge on your blog/website and in your sign-up post, download or grab (for Mac users) to your computer. If you do have a problem obtaining the badge please let me know either in the comments or via Contact.
- Blogs Vs. No Blogs: If you don’t have a blog you can comment on the relevant review pages or challenge pages with updates.
- Comments and Questions: If you leave a comment or ask a question in the comments, please keep in mind you need to subscribe to the comments and replies in order to be notified of an answer. The other way to receive an answer to a query directly is to email me via Contact.
- Crossovers: You’re welcome to crossover with BA’s challenges. Include as many books across all the challenges as you can, I always say.
- Formats: All BA Challenges are eBook, audio, short story, and graphic novel friendly.
- Levels: If you find yourself finishing a level or not being able to meet your intended level, you can change levels at any time or as many times as you need to. This includes going down a level as well as up.
- Mr Linky: To use the Mr Linky you’ll need to click on the graphic and then enter your link. Enter your name, or blog title, and book title to keep the columns from running over the page. All links will be shared on the page when challenges are updated. The goal is to read and have fun, not make the challenges a chore.
- Mr Linky Disappearance: It’s rare, but it can happen where the Mr Linky widget will become unavailable. If you wish to submit a link when this happens you can either wait for it to return (give it about a day or a refresh) or leave your links in the comments, along with title and author names, and I can always submit them for you.
- Reviews: Reviews can be fun to share and nice as a back-up for you, but they’re optional in all BA challenges.
- Review Roundups: Each month the review links for each challenge will be shared in a post. To make sure your review is shared for the month make sure you submit your links before the beginning of the next month as the links will be posted within the first week of the new month. You can find all review roundup posts here.
- Running dates for all 2013 challenges: 1st of January – 31st of December 2013
- Questions or Issues: Please contact me if you’re unsure about something or have an issue. You can do so by leaving a comment below or by filling out the form here.
Missing an Answer?
If you don’t find an answer to your question, you can fill out the below form and I will get back to you as soon as possible.